6. March 17th is when Patrick died!
7. Dripsey in County Cork had the shortest-ever St. Paddy’s parade, just 77 feet, the distance between two pubs – The Weigh Inn and The Lee Valley.
8. In Chicago every year, the Plumbers Local 110 union dyes the river “Kelly” green for the day. The dye lasts for about five hours.
9. Guinness sales soar on St. Patrick’s Day. Recent figures show that about 5.5 million pints of the black stuff are downed around the world every day. On St. Patrick’s Day that figure is doubled!!
10. St. Patrick’s was a dry holiday in Ireland until 1970 – there wasn’t any Guinness served!!