We’re Meanwhile in Ireland. We bring bizarre Irish news, viral videos and content which Irish people will love. Our consistent high-quality content has resulted in over 400,000 Irish people following us worldwide. We’re looking for more talented people to join our team.
- Proficient English language skills: impeccable grammar and punctuation skills.
- To be interested in what’s going on in Ireland and to tell people about it.
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills.
- Target driven and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content.
- Ability to find stories as they break, before other media outlets.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of Ireland, its people, its history and its traditions.
- An Irish sense of humour
- Ability to create engaging article captions, headlines and images for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Measure the success of content using real-time analytics and gut intuition.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- Ability to recognise news which our followers will engage with.
- Confident in your work
- Confidence to tell us where we can improve
The job duties:
- To find new and breaking stories which young Irish people will love.
- To come up with your own ideas for articles relating to Irish culture, humour or history.
- Producing trending news articles to tight deadlines.
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends, gossip and reports ahead of competitors.
- Submit at least one article per week.
- Content is to be submitted online, there is no requirement to commute.
- Only written content will be required, you will not need to provide photos.
The application process:
- You will be asked to write one article which you think would perform well on our site.
- We will send you the layout and all the details about the article in an introductory email.
- The first article is simply an assessment and is unpaid.
How you will be paid:
- You will be paid per article at an agreed rate on a freelance basis.
- Payments will be made into your Bank/PayPal account within one week of your article going live.
How to apply:
To apply for this position or for any queries about this role, send us an email to [email protected]eanwhileinireland.com.
Meanwhile in Ireland was founded in 2015 as simply a Facebook page which created content which Irish people would find funny. It evolved into much more than a page of funny photos and videos to bring news, information and excellent content which Irish people all over the world could appreciate. We currently have over 400,000 followers worldwide across multiple channels including our website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Over 400,000 fans worldwide.
- Our audience interested in the latest Irish news, funny videos and content which will bring them happiness.
- Almost a 50/50 split between male and female.
- Primarily between the ages of 18-35.