Irish men are unlike any other – charming, funny, friendly – what more could you want? Here are ten reasons to go on a date with an Irish man.
Irish men are one of a kind and well worth a date if the opportunity arises. Sweet and friendly, funny and charming, there’s much to love about guys from the Emerald Isle.
While it’s true to say that the odd exception doesn’t meet the mark, many Irish men are beyond lovely and boast qualities that are wishlist material when it comes to finding a date.
Care to learn more? These are ten reasons to go on a date with an Irish man!
- Irish men are unlike any other – charming, funny, friendly – what more could you want? Here are ten reasons to go on a date with an Irish man.
- Meanwhile in Ireland’s top tips for going on a date with an Irish man
- 10. They’re down to earth – keeping you grounded
- 9. They love their tea – anyone for a cuppa?
- 8. They’re friendly as they come – and who wouldn’t want that?
- 7. The lilt of the Irish accent – it’s music to our ears
- 6. The charm is undeniable – who could resist?
- 5. They’re always up for a few pints – Guinness, please!
- 4. They have big families – and with that comes loyalty and respect
- 3. He loves his mammy – a solid trait in any boyfriend
- 2. They’re well-mannered – please & thank you!
- 1. They know how to have fun – laughter included
- Your questions answered about the top reasons to go on a date with an Irish man
Meanwhile in Ireland’s top tips for going on a date with an Irish man
- A good tip if you are dating an Irish man is to show an interest in Irish culture! This could be the likes of Gaelic football and hurling, to traditional music and the Irish language.
- It is very important, if you are dating an Irish person, to respect family values. Family is a vital part of Irish culture.
- Always be open to a casual pub date, where you could end up going for a couple of pints at the local bar (or maybe more!).
- Having a good sense of humour and not taking yourself too seriously is a great tip we can give you if you are dating an Irish man.
- Lastly, enjoy the outdoors! If you are dating an Irish man, it is likely they will love a good hike or a walk in the great outdoors that is the vast Irish landscape.
10. They’re down to earth – keeping you grounded
The Irish are known for their low-key and laid back spirit. They are chill as they come, and this down to earth mentality is bound to keep you at ease and grounded on your date.
So, sit back, relax and laugh alongside the lilt of the Irish accent.
9. They love their tea – anyone for a cuppa?
Irish people tend to consume tea by the bucket load, therefore it should come as no surprise that one of our reasons to go on a date with an Irish man is their love of tea (and often a biscuit too!).
The big and burning questions will be Barry’s or Lyons. Choose wisely!
8. They’re friendly as they come – and who wouldn’t want that?
Irish people are known worldwide for their friendly demeanour and warm, hospitable nature. Who wouldn’t want to date that?
Perhaps most importantly, another one of our top reasons to go on a date with an Irish man is because they’re as friendly as they come.
7. The lilt of the Irish accent – it’s music to our ears
There are few other accents with the same lyrical lilt and Celtic soul as the Irish accent.
People come from around the world just to experience our culture. If you’re considering dating an Irish man, one good reason is simply to hear that sweet Irish accent.
6. The charm is undeniable – who could resist?
Another one of our reasons to date an Irish man is because their charm is simply irresistible.
Whether it’s the cheeky banter or seductive accent, or a mixture of everything in one, it really packs a punch. We indeed advise you to experience it first-hand.
5. They’re always up for a few pints – Guinness, please!
The Irish are known for their love of cosy pubs and social environments. One thing that you can often be sure of when dating an Irish man is that they are always up for a few cheeky pints!
Often suggested as a first date – aka, break the ice material – you’re bound to have an evening of laughter with an Irish man alongside a few pints.
4. They have big families – and with that comes loyalty and respect
Traditionally, the Irish are known to have large families. And while this is a dwindling convention, it is still common for the lad you are dating to having siblings, cousins, aunties and uncles coming out of his ears!
It could be considered that this only boasts benefits as it is said that those with big families are more prone to values of loyalty and respect.
3. He loves his mammy – a solid trait in any boyfriend
One nearly textbook characteristic is for every Irish guy to love their mammy (their mum) to the moon and back.
That’s not to mean that they are a mummy’s boy per se, but that unfaltering love and devotion certainly is a charming quality in any man.
2. They’re well-mannered – please & thank you!
Another one of the reasons to go on a date with an Irish man is that they are often known to boast some of the best manners going.
Expect please and thank you to the bus driver and many apologies as you walk through a busy street (“sorry… oh, sorry… excuse me… sorry”).
1. They know how to have fun – laughter included
One of our top reasons that anyone should go on a date with an Irish man is because they simply know to have fun.
If you’re looking for a good laugh, laid-back chat and a ton of craic, you’re likely to find it on a date with an Irish guy.
Your questions answered about the top reasons to go on a date with an Irish man
You may have read our article on the top reasons for going on a date with an Irish man, and still have some questions, but that’s no problem! In this section, we have compiled the most commonly asked questions on this topic.
How to flirt with an Irish guy?
Some ways to flirt with an Irish man would be some light-hearted craic and fun with him, a few playful or teasing remarks, and taking a real interest in what he is saying or doing.
What to know about dating an Irishman?
Some things to know about dating an Irishman is that they will be good fun, they will be close with their family (particularly their mammies!), they will enjoy a few pints with the lads, and they will look after you well.
What does a typical Irish man look like?
Irish men can differ in their appearances, but generally speaking Irish men have a fair complexion, with light to dark hair and a nice and welcoming demeanour.
How do people date in Ireland?
People date in Ireland by either meeting up at a bar for a drink, going for a nice walk together, going to the cinema, or enjoying a meal together.